Mobile Towbar Installations in Thetford
Choosing the right TYPES OF TOWBARS in THETFORD
Towbar In Thetford
Why Choose us for towbars in THETFORD?
Quality & Professional
TOWBARS IN THETFORD
Frequently asked question
- Do you need a certificate for a tow bar?
- However there is no requirement for the towbar to be installed professionally, there is no qualification required under the regulations. Provided the towbar is installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, it is perfectly permissible to fit your own towbar to your car.
- Do I need to tell my insurance about a towbar?
- Yes. A towbar counts as a modification to your vehicle in that it will differ from the manufacturer's factory specification once fitted.
- How long does it take to fit the towbar?
- Every single make and model of car is different so we always say to our customers that we allow 3 1/2 – 4 hours for the fitting. Some models of vehicle can take a couple of hours and some can be much trickier than others, occasionally even longer than 4 hours.
- Can I legally fit my own tow bar?
- Not only is fitting it by yourself a huge safety concern, but you could also be invalidating the towbar or car manufacturer's warranty by doing the work yourself. Unless you are a mechanic or towbar fitter, we would always advise that your towbar is installed by a professional so you can be sure it is safe and secure.
- Can a tow bar be removed?
- The detachable towbar is a good alternative, after all, it can be removed at any time in only a few simple steps and is then neither actually nor visually in the way. However, the detachable towbar should be removed in some situations. Although there are no regulations, you should keep a few points in mind.
- Does a towbar affect parking sensors?
- All vehicles are different and not all parking sensors are affected by a towbar, but a large number of vehicles do have this problem. In some vehicles, the vehicle is able to automatically deactivate the sensors when a trailer is attached to the vehicle.
- What does a tow bar connect to?
- A tow bar is a device that connects a vehicle to an RV for flat towing. It uses a shank, pivoting arms and attachment tabs to couple the two vehicles together. The towed vehicle is called the dinghy, and it becomes a sort of trailer when connected to the RV.
- Are tow bars Safe?
- Used and maintained correctly, towbars are extremely safe. However, if the correct safety precautions are not followed, improper use of a towbar can result in a nasty accident. You may want to cut corners and install your towbar as quickly and as cheaply as possible.
- How strong is a tow bar?
- The towing capacity of a tow bar is often specified in pounds, which can range from 2,000 pounds for light loads to as heavy as 17,000 pounds or more.
- What are the different types of towbars?
- Types of Towbar
- Flange Towbar.
- Swan Neck Towbar.
- Fixed Towbar.
- Detachable Towbar.